We have updated this policy to comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (Popia).
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a customer who has ordered, registered for or uses the services that we provide.
Personal data includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information collected on registration (see below);
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum, including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal data subject to protection under this policy).
Common examples of the types of personal data we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
- demographic information – such as your gender or marital status.
Sensitive personal data
Depending on the services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal data, including your:
- financial information – such as your bank account details;
- sensitive demographic information – such as your race or ethnicity; and
- employment information – including your job title and the industry you work in.
Acceptance of this policy
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you register for, or use the website or any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not register for or use the website or any of our services. You may not register for or use the website or any of our services if you do not accept this policy.
You may not access our website or order our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal data or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so. Our website may give you the option to post information in a way that is publicly accessible and may be collected by others (such as via comments on articles). You are responsible for any personal data that you post in this way.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website, or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our services. If you continue to use the website or our services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Collection of data
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal data.
This personal data will include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address; and
- your username and password.
We will use this personal data to fulfil your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
When you order any services from us, you may be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (services information). This information may include:
- your ID number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your telephone number.
Please note that other websites you visited before entering our website might place personal data within your URL during a visit to it, and we have no control over such websites. Accordingly, a subsequent website that collects URL information may log some personal data.
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel GIF or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal data. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
Purpose for collection of data
We may use or process any services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal data, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal data. We generally collect and process your personal data for various purposes, including:
- services purposes – such as providing our services;
- marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities, including business intelligence (including website activity and market research);
- business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
- legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.